Your goal is probably pretty simple: You want to drive traffic to your website, find new customers, and get new business. But where do you start?
Kim McCumber is the Founder and CEO of Floodlight Training & Consulting in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Floodlight Training & Consulting assists small businesses through training, consultation and direct management. Kim talked with host Mary McCarthy about all of the online marketing channels available to entrepreneurs, and how to choose the one that’s right for them.
Online Marketing Options:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Display Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Search PPC (Pay-Per-Click) marketing such as Google AdWords
There are so many options, it can be hard to decide where to begin and confusing to know which will give business owners the results they are looking for in their business.
“I think that the most important thing is to try not to get overwhelmed with the feeling that you have to do everything in online marketing, especially as a small business. You tackle one or two online channels at a time. And you become proficient in it, you make sure it’s driving good return in your business, and then you move on and expand.” ~ Kim McCumber, Floodlight Training & Consulting
What You Will Learn In This 15-Minute Episode:
- The online marketing channels available for small businesses to use
- Should all small businesses use paid online marketing strategies?
- Kim’s email marketing strategy: Tips on what to send and how often
Thank you to podcast sponsor Pathways Financial Credit Union. They offer business loans with a competitive interest rate and flexible terms. They have locations in Columbus, Delaware, and Marysville, Ohio.
About our Guest Kim McCumber
- Floodlight Training & Consulting
- 405 13th Ave S, Myrtle Beach SC 29577
About our Host Mary McCarthy
- Host, The Successful Micropreneur Podcast
- CEO, YMT Consultants
- Co-Founder of the Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc.
Mary McCarthy is the President of YMT Consultants, an entrepreneurial consulting and training firm in the Columbus, Ohio area. It focuses on one-on-one work with microbusiness owners (businesses with 20 or fewer employees, including the solopreneur), assisting them to monetize and create systems for their small businesses.