A great event can launch or grow your business, but small businesses and non-profit organizations don’t always have a lot of money to spend when holding one. That means everything that goes into making an event successful must be worth the expense.
Host Mary McCarthy talks to Susan Fortner, owner and manager of Bowers PR and Marketing in New Albany, Ohio about everything that creates a truly memorable event: from the types of businesses that benefit the most, what people in attendance should expect at the event, and the guest list.
“I also think it’s really key to have certain members of the community coming out to your event… local celebrities will drive some influencers or brand ambassadors, people who are well-connected in the community will drive better attendance.” ~ Susan Fortner
“Influencers are really important for a small business, because it doesn’t cost you dollars.” ~ Mary McCarthy
What You Will Learn in this 15-minute Podcast:
- The 3 keys to success in holding successful events
- Why Susan hated organizing events early in her PR career, and the changes she’s made since then that make her love putting on events now
- How small business owners and marketers can track outcomes for events as a marketing tool
Mentioned in this podcast:
Thank you to The Successful Micropreneur podcast sponsor Liberty National Bank!
About our guest Susan Fortner
- Owner and Manager of Bowers PR and Marketing
- (614) 741-5464
About our Host Mary McCarthy
- Host, The Successful Micropreneur Podcast
- CEO, YMT Consultants
- Co-Founder of the Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc.
Mary McCarthy is the President of YMT Consultants, an entrepreneurial consulting and training firm in Westerville, Ohio in the Columbus area. It focuses on one-on-one work with microbusiness owners (businesses with 20 or fewer employees, including the solopreneur), assisting them to monetize and create systems for their small businesses.