We all know the traditional path to a career: You go to college, choose a major without really knowing what it is, get your education and a degree, and then feel compelled to work in that industry, whether it’s right for you or not. But one entrepreneur says that’s not the way it has to be.
Stephanie Rucinski has worked in at least nine careers and volunteer positions; everything from stockbroker to PR firm owner, Realtor, pathology lab volunteer, and police academy cadet. She talks to host Mary McCarthy about her journey of learning and experiencing these diverse careers, what drives her quest, and why she says real estate is the perfect career for her.
Stephanie holds seven degrees, licenses, etc:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Management from Boston College
- Master’s certificate in International Negotiations and Conflict Resolution from the top negotiating school in the world (in The Netherlands)
- Law degree and MBA from The Ohio State University
- Series 7, series 66 Life, Accident, and Health designations, from when she was a stockbroker
- Yoga certificate from Kripalu, the largest and most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America
- Real estate license
“I always want to be the dumbest person in the room. I always want to be able to learn more. I always want to be able to absorb and change the way I think about things, based on what I learn from others… I always want to hear and learn about other people’s perspectives, what else is out there.” ~ Stephanie Rucinski
What You Will Learn In This 15-minute Podcast:
- What to consider when searching for the right career for you
- How Stephanie says the educational aspect of her career experiences has been a big benefit to her
- Why Stephanie says real estate is the perfect career for her, and fantastic for flexibility as an entrepreneur
Related Podcast: The Gig Economy
- Steph The Realtor
- Host, The Successful Micropreneur Podcast
- President of Your Management Team, Inc.
- Co-Founder of the Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc.
Mary McCarthy is the President of YMT Consultants, an entrepreneurial consulting and training firm in Westerville, Ohio in the Columbus area. It focuses on one-on-one work with microbusiness owners (businesses with 20 or fewer employees, including the solopreneur), assisting them to monetize and create systems for their small businesses.