You probably hear the words “workers’ compensation” and want to run in the other direction. It hasn’t always been easy to understand for small businesses and entrepreneurs. But a lot has changed with Ohio’s Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, and this podcast helps takes the dread out of learning what all small businesses and entrepreneurs need to know.
Small & Minority Business Advocate for the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Melony Bryant walks our host Mary McCarthy through the process of applying for the insurance protection, and explains which businesses are required to get it, and why. She also breaks down cost, discounts available, and how entrepreneurs can get the help they need.
What You Will Learn:
- What is the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, and what does the agency do?
- How to know if you need to apply for workers’ compensation for your business
- How to tell if someone is an Independent Contractor vs. an Employee
- How are premiums determined?
- How much should you expect to pay?
- How workers’ compensation acts as a protection for small business
Melony Bryant Small & Minority Business Advocate Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Melony’s cell: 614-307-5559